Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (Lakehurst, NJ)
Program Dates: TBD
Only US Citizens will be considered. Dual Citizens are not eligible. You must be at least 18 to participate.
NAWCAD/NAVAIR Lakehurst, an agency in the Department of the Navy, is the primary source of Naval Aviation Technology for the Fleet. With locations on both the East and West coasts, NAVAIR develops, acquires and supports aircraft and weapons technology for U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and the Department of Defense.
NAWCAD/NAVAIR Lakehurst, located in New Jersey, employs electrical, mechanical, computer engineering and computer scientists; as well as CyberSecurity/Information Assurance. Specific opportunities exist in the areas of electromagnetics, systems engineering, control systems, instrumentation, system testing, digital imaging, robotics, information technology, networking, machine vision applications, electro-optics, night vision device compatibility, electrical/electronic and system/subsystem/component design.
NAWCAD/NAVAIR Lakehurst is located approximately 60 miles east of Philadelphia on the newly designated Joint Base McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst in Central New Jersey. It is the center of excellence for Aircraft Launch and Recovery Equipment (ALRE) and Support Equipment (SE) for the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Navies around the world. NAWCAD/NAVAIR Lakehurst core mission is to provide the Fleet with Aircraft Platform Interface (API) products, that allow the successful and safe operation of naval aircraft from aircraft carriers, air capable ships and expeditionary airfields worldwide. NAWCAD/NAVAIR Lakehurst is the only agency in the world performing this critical API mission.
Various state-of-the-art technologies of the NAWCAD are as follows:
- Acoustic Science and Technology: Ocean acoustics, physical oceanography, active and passive sonar technology, sonar processing technology, acoustic and non-acoustic sensors, microwave radar, blue-green laser radar and transduction material technology.
- Advanced Aircraft Materials: Materials science engineering, hybrid materials, light weight and high strength alloys, processing science, fatigue and fracture, structure design optimization, polymer, metal and ceramic matrix-composites, intermetallics, refractory metal alloys and coatings, corrosion inhibitors, environmental/surface interactions in adhesives, sealants, elastomers, electronic materials, lubricants, nondestructive testing (for structural integrity and stealthiness), polymer chemistry, composite repair technologies, and development of smart skins and smart structures.
- Advanced Processors/Computer Systems Technology: RISC and parallel computer architectures, data fusion, information storage (optical disks, semiconductor and ferroelectric memories, magnetic media, advanced recorders), Artificial Intelligence, Neural Network systems, real-time telemetry processing, symbolic computer algebra/mathematics, tools for logistic planning, flight operations aircraft servicing and reporting systems, and object oriented systems.
- Aircraft Controls and Displays: Helmet mounted displays, flat panel displays, including LED, LCD, electroluminescent, plasma, field emission, and vacuum fluorescent, projection displays, etc.
- Avionic Systems: Design, development and evaluation, V/STOL, RPVs, computational fluid dynamics, flight vehicle systems, digital fly-by-wire, flying qualities criteria, etc.
- Environmental Sensing and Information Display: Environmental Sensing and Information Display
- Fiber Optic Technology: Infrared detection and imaging systems, signal and image processing, automatic target recognition, reconnaissance sensors, LIDAR systems, hydrographic and atmospheric measurements, lasers and countermeasure systems.
- Flight Control Design and Aerospace Test and Evaluation Engineering: Fluidic flight control, air frame dynamics and simulation, flight control system design and instrumentation, flying qualities analysis and simulation, fluidic control system design and test, conceptual design and evaluation of V/STOL, UAV, hypersonic, and tilt rotor, flight vehicle systems, flight testing techniques (instrumentation, simulation and support), aerodynamic and structural analysis, etc.
- High Speed Fiber Optics Networks: High speed fiber optic components and networks, high speed links, optical switching and modulation techniques, nonlinear optical materials and devices.
- High Strength Cables and Harnesses: Design and manufacture of cables and harnesses for aircraft flight operations and emergency landing operations at sea.
- Life Support and Human Factors: Personnel in-flight and crash protection, breathing and in-flight escape systems, survival and rescue equipment, emergency locator/beacon voice radios, advanced helmet mounted displays, man-machine interface in flight environment, stress physiology of acceleration loads, biochemistry in stress, G-protective techniques and devices, dynamic flight simulation, air crew visual performance and human factor engineering.
- Manufacturing Technology: Leading edge in product design, manufacture, quality assurance through combine computer aided design (CAD), computer aided manufacturing (CAM), computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) functions, reverse engineering, electronics assembly, cable and harness fabrication, printed circuit board fabrication, hybrid microelectronics, machining, heat treatment, plating, welding, stereolithography, and computer aided acquisition and logistics support.
- Microwave Technology: Solid state conformal radar, sea clutter, non-cooperative target recognition, MMIC, CAD/CIM/CAM and adaptive antennas and processing.
- Systems, Software, and Computer Technologies: Neural networks, fuzzy logic, case based reasoning, genetic algorithms, visual reality, robotics, design error systems, intelligent control, parallel processing, software technologies for signal processing, operating system software for real-time Mission Critical Computer Resources (MCCR), AI and expert systems, high-level specification languages for automatic code generation, software engineering environments, interface standards and software frameworks for integrating Computer-Assisted Software Engineering (CASE) tools, avionics architecture design and analysis, fault tolerant avionics design, etc.
- Weapons System Analysis, Design, Integration: Operations analysis as applied to weapon system modeling, effectiveness and survivability, system design, optimization, filtering, design studies to meet reliability and maintainability and cost targets.
Michele Huk email@example.com 732-323-5009